Sept. 27, 2025, 1:41 p.m.

A lot of people are leaving: the population of Kherson district has decreased three times

(Photo: Zaporizhzhia.city)

After the full-scale invasion of Russia, the population of Kherson district has decreased by almost three times.

This was reported by the acting head of the Kherson District State Administration, Mykhailo Zhadan, on Vgoru TV channel.

According to him, as of September 2025, 24,730 people live in the district, while before the war this figure reached about 67 thousand.

"That is, almost 5,000 people left for the same period last year, from September 1, 2024, compared to 2025. A lot of people left," the official said.

Inhulets suffered the most: after a series of air strikes that began on September 13, the number of residents decreased from 800 to 531. Between September 13 and 24, 2025, about 300 people left the Dariivka community, and the evacuation continues.

Zhadan noted that the intensity of shelling of the coastal areas of Kherson district in 2025 almost doubled compared to last year, with Kherson, Bilozerska, Stanislavska and Dar'yevska communities being the hottest spots.

"The situation became particularly tense in September, when the intensity of shelling of the Dariivka community increased. The peak was the emergency evacuation of residents of the Inhulets starosta district after a series of air strikes," he added.

Since September 13, 2025, Russian troops have attacked Ingulets three times, dropping about ten guided bombs. The strikes resulted in deaths and many injuries, and damaged private homes, outbuildings, garages, and a local farm.

Local residents are being evacuated to a modular town in the district or to safer regions of Ukraine, such as Lviv, said the acting head of the Kherson Regional State Administration.

Recently, journalists visited the most dangerous areas of Kherson, where shelling and Russian drones are flying daily, and showed how residents survive among the destroyed houses, risking their lives.

At the end of August, an Intent correspondent reported on the evacuation of residents of the Korabelny district of Kherson. People had to leave their homes and go into the unknown - previously, even during the flooding of the district due to the accident at the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant, they stayed at home.

Ірина Глухова

Також Вам може сподобатись:

Feb. 19, 2026

Court terminates contract for repair of Kherson school worth 2.6 million

Germany invests one million euros in energy security of Kherson region

World Police Launches Search for Stolen Valuables from Kherson Museums by Russia

Feb. 18, 2026

Intent has launched a new video series: OK "Pivden" celebrates 11th anniversary

World War Zero

Fake deputy from Kherson region teaches schoolchildren to love the occupiers

Occupants shelled two buildings of Kherson State University

Kherson City Council prepares audit of budget expenditures in 2026

State Bureau of Investigation investigates the circumstances of the death of the crew of the Kherson air brigade

Feb. 17, 2026

Russian troops shelled a hospital in Kherson three times in one day

Odesa convicts Russian agent who went on a business trip to spy in Zhytomyr

Hotel owner from Kherson region suspended for attempting to transfer business to Russians

Suspect in terrorist attack on Academician Korolyov detained in Odesa

Director of seized school from Kherson region adopts Russian standards

Three people were injured in Odesa by Russian attack at night