Oct. 19, 2025, 6:21 p.m.

Photographer Nikiforov acquitted of negligent homicide

(Yevhen Nikiforov. PHOTO: Suspilne)

An Odesa court has found photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who was accused of negligent homicide, not guilty.

This was reported by journalist Kateryna Sergatskova.

"For the first six months, Zhenya was under house arrest and could not work because the photographer's legs were being fed. Then he was released from house arrest, and soon Zhenya got into an accident when he was returning from a business trip - he was shooting mosaics, trying to make up for lost time, and crashed his car at night. He suffered multiple fractures and complex surgeries. He spent two years recovering," she said.

In the fall of 2021, the Bilyayivka court decided that it would consider the case of Kyiv photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who was charged with committing a fatal traffic accident in the village of Vasylivka.

In early September of the same year, the Odesa Regional Prosecutor's Office completed a pre-trial investigation against Kyiv photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who is suspected of committing a fatal traffic accident.

In August 2021, the Odesa Court of Appeal mitigated the preventive measure for photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who is suspected of committing a fatal car accident, and placed him under nightly house arrest. Previously, in April, the photographer was placed under round-the-clock house arrest.

The incident that resulted in the death of a person occurred in March 2021. According to the prosecution, Yevhen Nikiforov hit 37-year-old Igor Buzduzha and fled the scene of the accident. The man died from his injuries. The driver and the car were later found by in Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district.

According to the defendant's defense lawyer, the photographer and his brother were traveling in Odesa region and taking pictures for their own project. While taking pictures in the village of Vasylivka, a car stopped near their car and two drunken men got out. After that, one of them began to threaten Yevhen in a rude manner and demanded that he give him the equipment. One of the men even got into the photographer's car, but he managed to drive away. A couple of hours later, he received a call from the police and was told that one of the attackers had died and that the photographer had allegedly run him over.

Кирило Бойко

Також Вам може сподобатись:

Feb. 18, 2026

A native of Odesa region was sentenced to 15 years in prison for serving in the enemy army

Intent has launched a new video series: OK "Pivden" celebrates 11th anniversary

Head of Education Department convicted in Odesa region for excessive salaries

Officials to be tried in Odesa for embezzlement on humanitarian generators

Two Odesa residents are suspected of selling reservations at a critical enterprise

Additional Resilience Centers deployed in Odesa to support residents

Rector of Odesa National Maritime University submits declaration upon dismissal

Odesa region is among the outsiders in terms of profits from subsoil

University professor Liudmyla Terentyeva passes away in Odesa

Porsche and Mercedes have taken over the market: Odesa region among the leaders of the premium segment

Promised 5 thousand dollars: bail for terrorist suspect denied in Odesa

In Odesa, security guards disrupted media filming of the aftermath of a Russian strike

In Odesa region, woman sentenced for coordinates of TCC points

Feb. 17, 2026

Seized land plot in Odesa fell in price by 15 percent

School director, who was elected four times as a deputy, dies in Odesa