Intent logo

Jan. 31, 2024, 2:20 p.m.

The confiscated money of Saldo, Vorona and Deripaska went to the budget of Ukraine

Collage Intent

(Collage Intent)

The state budget has received the first sanctions money - more than UAH 32 million.

This was announced by the head of the State Property Fund Vitaliy Koval.

He clarified that these are the personal funds of Kherson collaborator Volodymyr Saldo, former Yanukovych-era official Dmytro Vorona, who defected to Russia after 2014 and later became the so-called "senator" of the temporarily occupied territory of Zaporizhzhia region. According to Koval, the Ukrainian budget also received funds from the company of Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

"This became possible thanks to the joint work of the government, the Ministry of Justice, the SPFU, law enforcement agencies and the judiciary. After receiving the court decision, the Fund takes measures to manage and dispose of the recovered assets as efficiently as possible. This includes initiating the lifting of previously seized assets," Koval said.

The head of the State Property Fund emphasized that the funds of Ukraine's enemies will be used to restore infrastructure.

In November 2023, the HACCU ruled on the second lawsuit filed by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine to impose sanctions on collaborator Volodymyr Saldo.

As we wrote earlier, the Defense Forces continue to fight for positions on the left bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson Oblast. At the same time, the footholds on the left bank are expanding, said Natalia Gumenyuk, head of the Joint Coordination Press Center of the Southern Defense Forces of Ukraine.

For his part, Volodymyr Saldo, the governor of the temporarily occupied left-bank part of Kherson region, said that the 70th motorized rifle division of the Russian Federation is opposing the Ukrainian defense forces in Krynky.

"It's a real hell there now - there is no settlement, only old shelters and a swarm of drones in the sky," he said.

Ірина Глухова

You might also like:

April 1, 2025

Four Kherson Residents Face Charges for Collaborating with Occupiers

April 3, 2025

Kherson Railways Collaborator Sentenced to 12 Years for Aiding Occupiers

April 2, 2025

Mykolaiv Prosecutor Demands Return of 2 Hectares from Private Ownership

March 31, 2025

Man Detained in Kherson for Collaborating with Occupiers Faces 15 Years

April 2, 2025

NABU and SAPO Charge 4 Ex-CEOs in $71.6M Embezzlement Case in Mykolaiv

March 28, 2025

Mykolaiv Military Chief Faces 8 Years for Unjust Combat Bonus Scheme

April 2, 2025

Odesa Deputy Suspected of ₴82M Illicit Enrichment Amid Investigation

Corruption Allegations Surround Kherson Housing Reconstruction Contract Worth ₴204M

March 30, 2025

Former SBU Official Volodymyr Liapkin Suspected of Collaboration in Crimea

April 2, 2025

Russia's relentless shelling devastates Kherson region, 1 dead and dozens of settlements hit

April 3, 2025

Mykolaiv Official Heorhiy Reshetilov Declares ₴1.32M Income and Properties

Odesa Deputy Head Anton Shalyhaylo's Salary Jumps to ₴813K in 2024

March 28, 2025

Kherson Deputy from Banned Party Faces Treason Charges for Collaborating with Occupation Authorities

March 31, 2025

Mykolaiv Council Head Anton Tabunschyk Declares ₴1.5M Income, Luxury Assets

March 27, 2025

Former Crimean Deputy Sentenced to 15 Years for High Treason in Ukraine