19 October 2025

Photographer Nikiforov acquitted of negligent homicide

(Yevhen Nikiforov. PHOTO: Suspilne)

An Odesa court has found photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who was accused of negligent homicide, not guilty.

This was reported by journalist Kateryna Sergatskova.

"For the first six months, Zhenya was under house arrest and could not work because the photographer's legs were being fed. Then he was released from house arrest, and soon Zhenya got into an accident when he was returning from a business trip - he was shooting mosaics, trying to make up for lost time, and crashed his car at night. He suffered multiple fractures and complex surgeries. He spent two years recovering," she said.

In the fall of 2021, the Bilyayivka court decided that it would consider the case of Kyiv photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who was charged with committing a fatal traffic accident in the village of Vasylivka.

In early September of the same year, the Odesa Regional Prosecutor's Office completed a pre-trial investigation against Kyiv photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who is suspected of committing a fatal traffic accident.

In August 2021, the Odesa Court of Appeal mitigated the preventive measure for photographer Yevhen Nikiforov, who is suspected of committing a fatal car accident, and placed him under nightly house arrest. Previously, in April, the photographer was placed under round-the-clock house arrest.

The incident that resulted in the death of a person occurred in March 2021. According to the prosecution, Yevhen Nikiforov hit 37-year-old Igor Buzduzha and fled the scene of the accident. The man died from his injuries. The driver and the car were later found by in Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district.

According to the defendant's defense lawyer, the photographer and his brother were traveling in Odesa region and taking pictures for their own project. While taking pictures in the village of Vasylivka, a car stopped near their car and two drunken men got out. After that, one of them began to threaten Yevhen in a rude manner and demanded that he give him the equipment. One of the men even got into the photographer's car, but he managed to drive away. A couple of hours later, he received a call from the police and was told that one of the attackers had died and that the photographer had allegedly run him over.

Кирило Бойко

You may also like:

Aug. 18, 2026

They beat, choked, and rammed a car: 10 soldiers from the Odessa Territorial Military Command have been charged

The director of an agricultural company owned by Kherson Mayor Kolykhaev was convicted of aiding the Russian Federation

The body of a judge who had been released from pretrial detention was found in the Odesa region

A ship has been damaged; there are casualties and injured: The Russian military has launched strikes on the south

Aug. 17, 2026

Scientists from the Hermitage have been charged with looting a Crimean archaeological site

A film about the Danube Delta won at an international film festival

Romania's Defense Minister Described How the Country Prepared to Shoot Down Drones

Odessa lawmakers called for an inspection of the decommissioned Duka

A curfew for transit vehicles has been lifted in the Odesa region

Andriy Krasnozhon: "Catherine II was not the founder of Odesa and did not consider herself to be one"

A Russian "Bandero" jet drone crossed the border with Moldova

Fuel Right at Your Fingertips: 5 Reasons Why Businesses Are Choosing Mini Gas Stations Advertisement

An archaeologist presented evidence that Odessa existed before Catherine II

Dragon Logistics: Hassle-Free Shipping from China Advertisement

In Odessa, the director of the municipal enterprise "SMEP" resigned from his position