June 5, 2025, 1:03 p.m.

Terrorists from Russia destroyed a lyceum, a children's art center and an outpatient clinic in Odesa region

(Photo: SES in Odesa region)

In one night, the Russian army brazenly destroyed the vital infrastructure of the peaceful village of Vyshneve in Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district: a lyceum with a preschool unit, a center for children and youth creativity, and a medical outpatient clinic.

According to Oleh Kiper, head of the Odesa regional administration, 131 students studied at the lyceum. In addition, the institution had a kindergarten with 16 children.

"The children are currently on summer vacation. Starting September 1, all schoolchildren will be transported to the Fishermen's Lyceum," he said.

So now, according to the head of the regional administration, the issue of purchasing modern and safe transport is already being considered. Additional classes will be opened in the new school year, and all teachers will continue to work. The Department of Education and Science of the Odesa Regional State Administration is working to provide the necessary conditions for their further education and development.

"The clubs of the Center for Creativity that were operating at the Rybalsky Lyceum will also be moved to the school so that children can continue doing their favorite things without interruption," Kiper added.

He also said that the medical outpatient clinic destroyed by the Russians served residents of three neighboring villages - about 2,500 people in total.

"For now, the patients' routes will be changed. In the near future, we plan to resume the work of the old outpatient clinic in Vyshneve, which operated until 2019. Medical care will also be provided through paramedic and obstetric stations. The jobs of the doctors from the destroyed outpatient clinic will also be preserved," the head of the administration said.

On the night of June 5, according to the Prosecutor's Office of Odesa region, the Russian armed forces attacked Odesa region with attack drones. It has been preliminarily established that the enemy used more than 25 UAVs. The Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi District Prosecutor's Office of Odesa Region has already launched a pre-trial investigation into the commission of war crimes.

Previously, on the night of June 1, the Lyman community of Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district of Odesa region suffered from an attack by the Russian army with unmanned aerial vehicles. On the night of May 30, the Russian army once again attacked Odesa region with kamikaze drones. The Izmail district came under attack. The Izmail District Prosecutor's Office opened a criminal investigation into another war crime committed by the Russian occupiers against the civilian population.

Олеся Ланцман

Також Вам може сподобатись:

Feb. 19, 2026

Ukrainian theater actress Iryna Cherkaska dies in Odesa

Trukhanov announces official confirmation of his lack of Russian citizenship

Resident of Odesa region sentenced for bribing border guard

Feb. 18, 2026

A native of Odesa region was sentenced to 15 years in prison for serving in the enemy army

Intent has launched a new video series: OK "Pivden" celebrates 11th anniversary

World War Zero

Head of Education Department convicted in Odesa region for excessive salaries

Officials to be tried in Odesa for embezzlement on humanitarian generators

Two Odesa residents are suspected of selling reservations at a critical enterprise

Additional Resilience Centers deployed in Odesa to support residents

Rector of Odesa National Maritime University submits declaration upon dismissal

Odesa region is among the outsiders in terms of profits from subsoil

University professor Liudmyla Terentyeva passes away in Odesa

Porsche and Mercedes have taken over the market: Odesa region among the leaders of the premium segment

Promised 5 thousand dollars: bail for terrorist suspect denied in Odesa