Aug. 12, 2024, 8:58 a.m.

In Odesa, people could not get to the shelter during the alarm: city authorities comment

(Photo: screenshot of the video of the closed shelter)

On August 11, during the air raid in Odesa, beachgoers were unable to get to some shelters.

This information was spread by some Telegram channels.

At that time, Odesa was again attacked by a ballistic missile. A powerful explosion was heard over the city. So far, there has been no official word on the consequences of the explosion.

The situation with the closed shelter was commented on by the vice mayor of Odesa, Anna Pozdnyakova. She promised that the local authorities would investigate and correct the situation with closed shelters during the alert. According to her, Telegram channels are spreading information about the closure of at least two modular shelters during the last air raid.

"I fully share the indignation of the anonymous authors - this is unacceptable. We will look into the situation. This should not happen. At the same time, the same Telegram channels are spreading information that the shelters belong to the Service Center. This information is not true. Nevertheless, the case requires a response from the local authorities, and it will be forthcoming," the official said.

In the comments under one of the posts about the closed shelter, readers noted that it is the tunnel of the Magnolia sanatorium, which is used as a shelter. There is an unlocked shelter 30-50 meters away. They also added that another shelter was not opened in Peremohy Park. Apparently, Anna Pozdnyakova was talking about it as the second one that was not opened.

Earlier, it was reported that in Odesa, one of the associations of co-owners of apartment buildings (condominiums) does not allow students of a nearby school to use the shelter. The condominium requires the school management to purchase and install folding benches in a private shelter.

Also in the studio of Intent.Insight, Lieutenant Colonel of the National Guard Serhiy Sudets, founder of the channel "Air Alert️ | Take Care!" , gave answers on what to do during shelling and where to hide to protect yourself, at home and on the street.

Також Вам може сподобатись:

Feb. 20, 2026

Odesa district council failed to convene a session once again

Chief Psychiatrist of the Armed Forces of Ukraine registered an apartment in Odesa for his daughter, legalizing a shadow million dollars

Odesa MP and Ukrposhta CEO file complaints against each other to NABU

Ukrainian troops strike at occupiers' bases in Kherson region and Crimea

The "Exupéry" of our time told why metal birds appeared in Odesa courtyards

Intent's editor-in-chief's lecture on artificial intelligence turned into a discussion

Bank building for sale in Izmail for 33 million

Twelve years of occupation of Crimea: how the annexation of the peninsula began in 2014

Kyiv resident detained in Odesa for attempting to sell position in SBU for $10 thousand

NABU announces new suspicions to former head of the State Property Fund

Group of killers hired by Russian special services detained in Odesa region and Moldova

Enemy army attacks railroad, factory and village club in Kherson region

Court suspends election of rector of Odesa Medical University

Occupants set up a training center for UAV operators in Crimea: new threats for Odesa

Feb. 19, 2026

Schemes on the roads of Odesa region: how budget funds for repairs went into the "shadows"