10 October 2025

Odesa ex-military commander Borisov discharged from one hospital to another

(PHOTOS: Slidstvo.info)

The former head of the Odesa Regional Territorial Center for Recruitment and Social Support, Yevhen Borysov, has been discharged from the hospital, but did not appear at the court hearing, as did his lawyers.

This was reported by Slidstvo.info.

This is the fourth time they have failed to attend a hearing, but they inform the court of valid reasons and ask to postpone the hearing. This time, the defense lawyers also asked the court to postpone.

The appointed lawyer from the Center for Free Secondary Legal Aid told the judge that he had been contacted by one of the defense lawyers and informed that Yevhen Borisov had been hospitalized in another medical institution. He does not know which one and believes that the defendant was not legally notified of the hearing, as he did not consent to receive a notification by text message.

However, prosecutors said that such consent was given by Borisov on September 29, 2025. Prosecutors are asking to send Borysov to custody without the right to be released on bail, or, if the court finds grounds, to set bail in the amount of UAH 300 million. However, they cannot proceed to the hearing. Previously, they considered numerous motions filed by the lawyers, but now the reason is the absence of Yevhen Borisov. After a lengthy consideration of other motions filed by the defense, the hearing was postponed to October 6.

According to the prosecutors of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office, there is operational information that Yevhen Borisov is going to flee Ukraine to hide from justice. Then, for a long time, the court considered the motions of Yevhen Borysov and his lawyers, who asked to postpone the hearing for various reasons, or not to consider the prosecutors' motions due to errors.

However, the court considered a number of motions and found no grounds for postponing or refusing to consider them, so it still scheduled them for consideration. Then the defense filed a motion to recuse Judge Larysa Yershova.

The judge announced a break in today's session in order to call Yevhen Borisov. The defendant told his assistant by phone that he was aware of the hearing and was in a private hospital. Currently, the former military commissar is being processed in the hospital.

Кирило Бойко

You may also like:

Aug. 18, 2026

The Odessa Film Festival Has Announced Its Program for Film Professionals

A native of Odessa became the European swimming champion, setting a Ukrainian record

The Odessa Regional Military Prosecutor's Office's Response to Allegations of Torture Against 10 Military Personnel

More than 10 million was allocated to kindergartens in the Odesa region

The court kept the mayor of Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in custody but reduced his bail

They beat, choked, and rammed a car: 10 soldiers from the Odessa Territorial Military Command have been charged

The director of an agricultural company owned by Kherson Mayor Kolykhaev was convicted of aiding the Russian Federation

The body of a judge who had been released from pretrial detention was found in the Odesa region

A ship has been damaged; there are casualties and injured: The Russian military has launched strikes on the south

Aug. 17, 2026

Scientists from the Hermitage have been charged with looting a Crimean archaeological site

A film about the Danube Delta won at an international film festival

Romania's Defense Minister Described How the Country Prepared to Shoot Down Drones

Odessa lawmakers called for an inspection of the decommissioned Duka

A curfew for transit vehicles has been lifted in the Odesa region

Andriy Krasnozhon: "Catherine II was not the founder of Odesa and did not consider herself to be one"