02 October 2024

Consequences of the night strike on Izmail district, a foreigner is among the victims

(Photo: Odesa Regional Military Administration press service)

On the night of October 2, the Izmail district of Odesa region was again targeted by Russian invaders - the occupiers sent attack drones. Numerous explosions were heard in the region. The Ukrainian air defense system was engaged in combat operations.

According to the State Customs Service, the Orlivka checkpoint in Odesa region temporarily suspended operations due to a nighttime drone attack by Russia.

They noted that the checkpoint is resuming operations after a nighttime drone attack. Crossing operations were suspended until 11:00.

(Photo: press service of the Odesa EECP)

"Currently, measures are being taken at the Orlivka checkpoint to stabilize its operation after a night attack by the enemy. The resumption of passage operations at the Orlivka checkpoint will be announced additionally," the customs said in a statement.

Update at 9.35: The head of the Odesa JFO, Oleh Kiper, said that the enemy was aiming at the port and border infrastructure. Two truck drivers were wounded in the shelling, one of them is a Turkish citizen. The injured were hospitalized, their condition is assessed as moderate, and doctors are providing the necessary assistance.

(Photo: State Emergency Service in Odesa region)

During the attack, a fire broke out, which was quickly extinguished by rescuers.

Currently, law enforcement officers are recording the consequences of another Russian crime.

(Photo: State Emergency Service in Odesa region)

The Air Force warned residents of southern Odesa region about a group of enemy UAVs from the Black Sea.

In Odesa region , a possible intensification of air defense activities was recorded in response to the threat of hostile unmanned aerial vehicles heading from the Black Sea towards Odesa region.

In the morning of September 27, Russia launched attack drones in the south of Odesa region, with Izmail suffering the most. The shelling damaged private and apartment buildings, outbuildings, cars, and other buildings. The strikes caused fires that were quickly extinguished by rescuers. The police recorded the aftermath of the attack and provided assistance to the victims.

The air defense forces were intense, but some of the drones caused damage. The attack killed three people: two women (90 and 69 years old) and a 73-year-old man. Another 14 people were injured.

In connection with the tragedy that led to the deaths, September 28 was declared a Day of Mourning for the victims in the Izmail city territorial community.

On October 1, a 24-year-old girl died in hospital, bringing the number of people killed in the Russian attack to four.

Ірина Глухова

You may also like:

Aug. 18, 2026

The body of a judge who had been released from pretrial detention was found in the Odesa region

A ship has been damaged; there are casualties and injured: The Russian military has launched strikes on the south

Heroes Never Die: Vladislav Rachinsky

Aug. 17, 2026

A film about the Danube Delta won at an international film festival

Romania's Defense Minister Described How the Country Prepared to Shoot Down Drones

Odessa lawmakers called for an inspection of the decommissioned Duka

A curfew for transit vehicles has been lifted in the Odesa region

Andriy Krasnozhon: "Catherine II was not the founder of Odesa and did not consider herself to be one"

A Russian "Bandero" jet drone crossed the border with Moldova

In July, the occupiers destroyed more than 10,000 trees and plants in "Askania-Nova"

Fuel Right at Your Fingertips: 5 Reasons Why Businesses Are Choosing Mini Gas Stations Advertisement

An archaeologist presented evidence that Odessa existed before Catherine II

Dragon Logistics: Hassle-Free Shipping from China Advertisement

In Odessa, the director of the municipal enterprise "SMEP" resigned from his position

The jewelry industry in Ukraine has been growing for the fifth consecutive year: Odesa Oblast is among the leaders