Меню
Соціальні мережі
Розділи
Feb. 16, 2026, 3:01 p.m.
Prosecutor's Office calls death in road accident with Voznesensk mayor a fake
This article also available in English2
An accident involving Velychko. PHOTOS: SES
Information was spread on social media about the death of a woman who had previously been injured in an accident involving the mayor of Voznesensk, Yevhen Velychko. However, this has now been denied by the Prosecutor's Office of the Kropyvnytskyi region.
This post appeared in one of the city's Facebook groups, where the author Roman Polishchuk stated that the victim had now died in intensive care and that the fact of her death was being hushed up.MikVisti' s editorial team asked the press service of the prosecutor's office for comment , where they said that this information was not true.
The spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office, Yana Shass , said that the woman was alive and in the hospital. In particular, Yevhen Velychko himself also confirmed that the information about the victim's death was fake.
- "I saw this fake news, but I didn't even comment on it because I don't understand why people are doing this. She is alive, she is in a clinic in Kyiv. Last week she underwent surgery and had an implant installed in her spine. Now we are looking for a rehabilitation center. Her condition is stable, there is positive dynamics," he said.
According to the mayor, after being released from the detention center, he learned that the victims were being treated in Mykolaiv, and then moved to a Kyiv hospital. The victim's husband was put in a plaster cast and did not require additional surgical interventions. Mayor Velychko noted that the investigation is ongoing. The next court hearing is scheduled for March. Expert examinations are currently underway.
As a reminder, the accident involving Velychko occurred during a business trip. On January 28, the Rescue Service received information about an accident involving two cars. The accident occurred near the village of Pushkove, Golovanivsky district.
The very next day, law enforcement officers detained the mayor of Voznesensk and served him with a notice of suspicion under Part 2 of Article 286 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine - 'Violation of traffic safety rules that caused the death of the victim or caused serious bodily injury'.
On January 30, the police of Kirovohrad region published a photo of the car of the mayor of Voznesensk, which was involved in a fatal accident on the Mykolaiv-Blahovishchenske highway. According to reports, when the mayor was driving toward the village of Holovanivsk, he drove into oncoming traffic and collided with a Renault.
On the same day, Velychko was chosen a preventive measure in the form of detention. In court, he admitted that he drove into the oncoming lane because of bad weather and then lost consciousness. On January 30, Yevhen Velychko posted bail and was released from the pre-trial detention center.
