20 August 2024

Six families with children evacuated from the temporarily occupied part of Kherson region

(The photo is illustrative: Save Ukraine)

Six more families have been evacuated from the temporarily occupied communities of Kherson region to the territory controlled by Ukraine.

This was reported by the head of the Kherson Regional Military Administration Oleksandr Prokudin.

The official said that these families are raising two boys and four girls. The children are between 3 and 12 years old.

He noted that adults and children are safe now. Doctors and psychologists are working with them so that the families can adapt to the new conditions faster.

Prokudin added that this return, like many others, was made possible by the superhuman efforts of Save Ukraine.

Earlier it was reported that nine children from the temporarily occupied communities of Kherson region were returned to the government-controlled territory of Ukraine. These are four families with four boys and five girls. The youngest child is eight months old, the oldest is 17 years old. Now the children and their parents are safe and recovering from the horrors they had to endure during the Russian occupation. At that time, it was estimated that since the beginning of 2024, 139 children from the Kherson region had been returned to the territory controlled by Ukraine.

It was also said that at the beginning of the third decade of June, three more children were returned to their native land from the occupied territory of the Kherson region. Now they are recovering from the horrors of the Russian occupation in the territory controlled by Ukraine. These are three families with two boys and a girl, aged 9 to 14. The children were forced to attend Russian schools and sing the anthem of the aggressor country every Monday. So the families decided to leave everything behind to protect their children.

In early June, we managed to return six children from the temporarily occupied part of Kherson region to the government-controlled territory. Two more girls and four boys, aged 2 to 15, are now safe.

You may also like:

Aug. 16, 2026

A bathhouse attendant from Kakhovka was sentenced to 12 years by the occupiers

A drone struck a grocery store in Kherson: one person was injured

The Red Cross has warned of risks to the evacuation due to the mobilization of volunteers

Victims of Russian drones in Kherson have filed a lawsuit against the U.S.-based company Ubiquiti

An enemy UAV struck a post office in a shopping center near Odesa

The number of stray dogs in Kherson has increased: 90 percent were once pets

Defense forces struck an occupiers' missile unit in Crimea

A fourth drone has been shot down in Romania since the beginning of the year

Occupiers damaged three high-rise buildings in the Odesa region

The enemy attacked a farm in the Mykolaiv region

A monument to the Duke of Richelieu has been restored in Odessa

Aug. 15, 2026

The occupiers are preparing for a mass mobilization in the temporarily occupied territories of the Kherson region following the elections

A police officer's property was seized in Mykolaiv for drug trafficking

The MBA allocated 95 million hryvnias to "Kherson Parks"

Russia has lifted the moratorium on attacks on civilian vessels in the Black Sea