02 February 2025

Russian Airstrikes on Kherson: Casualties and Ongoing Risks

(Photo: HOVA)

On the afternoon of February 2, a Russian guided aerial bomb "arrived" in the central part of Kherson. It hit a residential area. So far, two people have been reported wounded.

According to Oleksandr Prokudin, the head of Kherson Regional Military Administration, two women aged 40 and 46 were wounded.

"A 40-year-old woman was taken to the hospital in moderate condition. She received an explosive injury, contusion and shrapnel wounds to her back. Another victim, a 46-year-old woman from Kherson, was pulled out of the rubble of a destroyed house. She suffered from blast trauma, contusion and abdominal wounds. The woman is currently in a medical facility in serious condition, " he said.

Earlier, according to Roman Mrochko, head of the Kherson MIA, Russian occupants dropped explosives on a hatch in the roof of a shuttle bus belonging to a private transportation company in Dniprovsky district.

"As a result of the enemy's attack, 5 passengers of the bus were injured, including two children - a boy of 12 and a girl of 13, as well as women of 38, 52 and 54 years old," the official said .

Also in the afternoon, Russians attacked an ambulancethat was responding to a call in Naddnipryanske with a drone. The vehicle sustained minor damage, and the medics were not injured. In general, Russian troops fired at the Dniprovsky district of Kherson in the morning.

A woman born in 1952 died as a result of a shell hitting a residential building. Also, a 50-year-old man who was in the yard sustained an explosive injury and contusion as a result of enemy shelling. The victim is under medical supervision. At noon, Russian troops attacked the man with a drone. As a result of the explosives dropped from the UAV, a 74-year-old resident of Kherson, who was on the balcony at the time of the enemy attack, sustained a contusion and explosive injury.

Also, Russian occupation forces continue to remotely mine the territory of the Kherson community, posing a deadly threat to local residents. Also in Kherson, police explosive technician Oleksandr Viter was killed during demining after Russian attacks . Before that, six employees of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, who were engaged in humanitarian demining in Kherson region, came under targeted fire from the Russians and were killed. Two more SES employees, including a female paramedic, were injured.

Олеся Ланцман

You may also like:

Aug. 18, 2026

A resident of the Kherson region fought against the Ukrainian Armed Forces as a member of "Storm-Z" and will stand trial

Madyar announced new European UAVs for the Kherson sector

The director of an agricultural company owned by Kherson Mayor Kolykhaev was convicted of aiding the Russian Federation

Heroes Never Die: Vladislav Rachinsky

Aug. 17, 2026

A Russian "Bandero" jet drone crossed the border with Moldova

In July, the occupiers destroyed more than 10,000 trees and plants in "Askania-Nova"

Fuel Right at Your Fingertips: 5 Reasons Why Businesses Are Choosing Mini Gas Stations Advertisement

The SBU detained a Russian informant in the Kherson region who was directing unmanned aerial vehicles at the Ukrainian Armed Forces

Evacuees from Kherson were stranded in a field for four hours: The Red Cross released photos

Dragon Logistics: Hassle-Free Shipping from China Advertisement

The jewelry industry in Ukraine has been growing for the fifth consecutive year: Odesa Oblast is among the leaders

The number of people injured in the attack on a shopping center near Odesa has risen to 7

In the Kherson region, 6 people have been wounded as a result of Russian attacks, and there are power outages

Aug. 16, 2026

A bathhouse attendant from Kakhovka was sentenced to 12 years by the occupiers

A drone struck a grocery store in Kherson: one person was injured