10 October 2025

Rescuers surveyed 3 million square meters of seabed in Odesa region in search of missing boy

(PHOTO COLLAGE: Intent)

The search for Ihor Andreyko, who disappeared on the beach in Chornomorsk, Odesa region, during a storm in the summer, has been going on for three months, but so far neither the boy nor his body has been found.

According to the press service of the Main Directorate of the State Emergency Service in Odesa Oblast, divers have already examined 3 million 36.3 thousand square meters of seabed and 1,230 kilometers of coastline.

The police also continue to search for the boy. Description: about 1 meter 64 centimeters tall, slim build, short and dark hair, brown eyes. He was wearing swimming trunks. Special features: a birthmark on the left side of the head below the hair, a birthmark on the back near the left shoulder blade, three stripes in the form of scars on the back under the shoulder blades.

On July 28, there was a storm in Chornomorsk, but people continued to swim. Ihor Andreyko disappeared, and two people died on the beach that day. The mayor of Chornomorsk, Vasyl Gulyayev, said at the time that rescuers pulled 50 people out of the water that day, including 10 children.

Rescuers began searching for the boy on July 29. Due to the weather conditions - strong winds and large waves - it was impossible for the diving department to conduct search operations on July 28. Therefore, the search began in the morning. However, the boy's body was not found.

On August 15, Igor Andriyko's father announced his intention to go on a hunger strike near the local police station. He positioned the hunger strike as a protest against the inaction of the police of Chornomorsk and Odesa region and local authorities, accusing them of saying that only divers of the State Emergency Service were looking for the boy. The man said that he would perceive all attempts to prevent him as an attempt by local authorities to hide their negligence in ensuring the safety of vacationers on the beaches, as well as by the police to hide their inaction in the search. Intent then asked the head of the Chornomorsk City Council Vasyl Huliaiev and the Main Police Department in Odesa Oblast for comment, but they did not comment on the statement, and later the police announced on August 22 that the boy was wanted and the hunger strike did not take place.

Кирило Бойко

You may also like:

Aug. 18, 2026

A ship has been damaged; there are casualties and injured: The Russian military has launched strikes on the south

Aug. 17, 2026

A film about the Danube Delta won at an international film festival

Romania's Defense Minister Described How the Country Prepared to Shoot Down Drones

Odessa lawmakers called for an inspection of the decommissioned Duka

A curfew for transit vehicles has been lifted in the Odesa region

Andriy Krasnozhon: "Catherine II was not the founder of Odesa and did not consider herself to be one"

A Russian "Bandero" jet drone crossed the border with Moldova

Fuel Right at Your Fingertips: 5 Reasons Why Businesses Are Choosing Mini Gas Stations Advertisement

Evacuees from Kherson were stranded in a field for four hours: The Red Cross released photos

An archaeologist presented evidence that Odessa existed before Catherine II

Dragon Logistics: Hassle-Free Shipping from China Advertisement

In Odessa, the director of the municipal enterprise "SMEP" resigned from his position

The jewelry industry in Ukraine has been growing for the fifth consecutive year: Odesa Oblast is among the leaders

Odesa Region Reveals Number of Millionaires

The State Bureau of Investigation Uncovered a Scheme Involving Fictitious Livestock Numbers in the Odesa Region