06 April 2025

Odesa Holds Silent Rally for Victims of Kryvyi Rih Attack, Mourning 19 Lives

(A girl holds a poster she made with her own hands. Photo: Novosti.LIVE)

On Sunday, April 6, participants of the weekly rally in support of war prisoners and missing persons in Odesa held a silent rally to mourn the victims of the Russian strike on Kryvyi Rih.

In this way, the protesters observed the Day of Mourning declared in Ukraine in connection with this crime by Russia, Novosti.LIVE reported.

"Today was a silent action in connection with the terrorist attack that took place in Kryvyi Rih, because the aggressor country ruthlessly hit children and civilians with a missile. I would like to emphasize once again: take care of yourself, save your lives, do not ignore the air raid alert. And remember those who defended us and are now in captivity. We have to be their voices," said Anna Pazhera, the organizer of the action.

However, the day of mourning was not the only reason for grief. One of the families that had been participating in the campaigns for many months received confirmation of the death of their soldier. Vira, the wife of the missing paratrooper, spoke about the tragedy.

"It so happened that the family, which had been standing with us for a long time, received a notification: Vadym Filippenko is dead. He disappeared a year ago, and now the news of his death has come. He was brave, he consciously went to defend his family and his sons. This is an indescribable pain for all of us," the woman said.

He went to the front as a volunteer and was reported missing for a year. The woman also appealed to the society not to forget either the fallen or those who have not returned home.

Odesa region joined the Day of Mourning for the victims in Kryvyi Rih. The attack killed 19 people, including nine children. About 70 people were injured, many of them in serious condition.

Since the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion, Ukraine has returned 4,306 prisoners from Russian captivity. On March 19, the last prisoner exchange between Ukraine and the Russian Federation took place in the format of 175 for 175. We managed to release soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Guard, the TRO, the Navy, and border guards. As well as the defenders of Mariupol, those who participated in the Kursk operation, and operations in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, Sumy, Kharkiv and Zaporizhzhia regions.

Кирило Бойко

You may also like:

Aug. 19, 2026

Participants in a scheme involving fictitious animals were exposed in the Odesa region

The Mykolaiv region did not receive nearly 112,000 textbooks due to a missile strike on a warehouse

The commander of the "Crimean Self-Defense" has been brought to trial on charges of treason

In the Odesa region, officials are prepared to change the format of school instruction due to threats

Ukraine carried out a prisoner exchange; defenders from the Kherson region have returned home

Odessa has decided who will provide meals for schoolchildren at a cost of 302 million

An official from the Capital Construction Department in Odesa has been brought to trial for abuse of office

Seven more beaches have opened in Odessa

In Kherson, Russians struck a minibus carrying passengers; there are casualties and injuries

A drone-launched missile set a cornfield in Moldova ablaze during an attack on the Odesa region

In Odessa, police have launched an investigation into the beating of a teenager by a member of the TCC

The enemy struck an industrial facility in the Mykolaiv region with an X-22 missile

Aug. 18, 2026

The director of the Odesa region's finance department received 1.4 million from real estate

The History of Odesa Through Antiques: An Exhibition Opens at the Bleshchunov Museum

"From Sailing Ships to Steel Giants": How the Logic of Naval Warfare Has Changed